The Cell Phone Guru has programs in place with two local non-profits:
Here at The Cellphone Guru we have different programs in place with these non-profits that include some or all of the following:
- They bring us donated phones and we buy them from them for store credit
- We donate phones to them.
- We donate chargers, batteries, and accessories.
The Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition
Mission and Vision Statements:
The mission of DVSAC is to offer resources for building healthy relationships and to work with community partners to provide services for healing the effects of interpersonal violence.
Our vision is a community unified in peace and justice for the safety and well-being of every individual.
- We believe healthy families and relationships are the building blocks of an empowered community.
- We respect and honor each individual’s path, and encourage them to use their strengths in attaining personal empowerment.
- We embrace diversity and provide culturally responsive services delivered with compassion and respect.
- We are committed to actions and decisions that secure the well being of each and every individual we serve, our community, and our organization.
- We embrace interdependency by working collaboratively within our organization and our community.
- We value our commitment to high standards of honesty, absolute confidentiality, and accountability for our actions and words.
- We value the history and longevity of our organization and commit to our sustainability and growth through all forms of education, community involvement, and fiscal prudence.
- Our actions at all times reflect the vision, mission, and values of our organization and strive for measurable results culminating in a healthy environment for all members of our community.
Women of Worth
Women of Worth was founded to restore the lives of abused women and children in Nevada and Placer counties. Services are designed with this question in mind: “What would help them escape and start a safe, new life?” Women of Worth assists victims of domestic violence and families in crisis with the following services:
- Transitional housing
- Emergency shelter assistance
- Counseling and support groups
- Furniture and personal items
- Educational and career assistance
- Life skills training and mentoring